Monday 10 October 2011

Electricals

Re-visiting our electrical appointment makes me realize how rushed we were. It felt like our consultant wanted to have us out in under an hour. I mean we have a small house, but it us our first and with smart wiring etc we we wanted to take our time getting it all right.
Right off the bat we were told no downlights unless we get their 5-star ones at $150 each. Decided to stick with battens and have things done after!
The plan in general was pretty boring. We added plenty of power points, some batten holders with nogging for fan provisions, and some outdoor junction boxes on the front and on the brick piers in the alfresco.
We also added pre-wiring for surround sound. Originally picking 7.1 for the living area before later changing to a different package that gave u more points at a cheaper price! So instead we have 5.1 in the living, plus 2 ceiling speakers in the home theatre and 2 outdoor points in the alfresco.
Originally our consultant was not prepared for smart wiring as our BC had our build address as our current address, which is not a FTTH estate, they thought we were knocking down my parents place! So after letting her know we were given a smart wiring basic light package with just a few points. Me being the nerd that I am, wanted more, so after the appointment I emailed asking to add a couple more points and tv points to the 2 other bedrooms. I didn't know at the time but they ended up changing us to an Opticomm 4-pack. I only found out later on when I started stressing that they would use the smallest enclosure which wouldn't allow me to add more points later on if I needed. I ended up upgrading to the Opticomm 8-pack after speaking to people and finding out they use a bigger enclosure for this pack. Argus were no help at all and didn't answer a single question I asked! Thank god for Homeone.com.au !

No comments:

Post a Comment